Professional Indemnity Insurance

Professional Indemnity Insurance
Peace of mind for you businessQuote and Buy OnlineHelp and Advice Call +44 (0)1323 648000

See and speak to our Brokers Live! Click Here

Find Us on Facebook

Follow Us on Twitter

Estate and Letting Agents Professional Indemnity Insurance

As estate agents and lettings agents work in a wide and varied sector, your policy should be able to react to your business activities such as property managing, lettings, project co-ordination/management, survey/valuations etc.

The questions that you are often asked by clients are usually big and are more often than not complicated. This is expected really as buying or selling a home is a big thing to do. Clients look upon you as an expert and trust everything that you say, this instantly exposes you. If you provide incorrect information that causes a client financial loss then you will be liable for the damages as you provided the advice. An estate agents insurance policy will cover you for neglect, loss damage or stolen documents and dishonesty of your staff or yourself.

You will probably be aware of some, if not all, of your regulatory bodies such as:

  • National Association of Estate Agents (NAEA)
  • Association of Residential Letting Agents (ARLA)
  • Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (Tech RICS/FRICS/MRICS)
  • Chartered Institute of Building (FCIOB/MCIOB)

Your regulating body will be able to give you guidelines with respect to the cover your professional indemnity policy should offer (if you speak with a specialist PI broker they will also be able to help you purchase the correct cover). If you are unsure of the indemnity limit on the insurance policy that you would like to obtain, please feel free to contact one of our brokers.